Knowing when to call your dentist is important. Dental emergencies can be stressful, and if you are in pain the situation can be hard to handle. At R2 Center for Dentistry, we are the preferred destination for Marion dentistry, and provide emergency services including toothache treatment in Marion, KS.
Our 5 locations offer same or next day appointments to accommodate our patients in need of immediate treatment. If you have tooth pain that does not go away you may have a dental emergency, and we recommend that you contact our office right away. Pain is a way of your body signaling that something is wrong. Listening to your body and taking action is important to avoid more serious complications.
One of the most common dental emergencies we face is tooth pain. Pain in or around your tooth can be caused from decay, cavities, issues with an existing filling, fracture, or infection.
A Toothache May Mean Infection
The below symptoms may indicate you have an infection and you should be seen right away.
- Red or swollen gums
- Throbbing pain that does not go away
- Blood or pus around your tooth
- Swollen or tender face or jaw
What Can I Do at Home While I Wait to Be Seen?
While you are waiting to be seen in our office there are some tips you can try at home to alleviate the pain.
• Pain relief gel can be used on the area.
• Take an anti-inflammatory over the counter medication such as ibuprofen.
• Apply a cold compress to the area to help reduce inflammation.
• A hot compress can be used to help relieve pain.
• Peppermint tea bags have pain healing properties, and can be used to help alleviate pain.
• Clove oil helps with inflammation and can be used on the area.
Looking for an Emergency Dentist in Marion?
If you are looking for an emergency dentist near you in the Marion area, R2 Center for Dentistry is here to help. Our doctors have years of experience treating dental emergencies, and our office is equipped to handle anything that comes out way. When we treat patients for a dental emergency, we want them to know they are in good hands. Our patients’ health is our priority, and we take pride in helping our patients, and touching their lives in a positive way.
Our office is located near St. Luke’s hospital, making us a convenient location for families in the Marion area.
Come experience quality dentistry, and let R2 Center for Dentistry become your preferred emergency dentist in Marion!